thoughts asunder

wish i may
i might
make a wish upon a star tonight..


email.
 
me.
i'm brooke. a short, fatish, bisexual, feminist, pacifist, very-liberal activist. i have 4 cats. and 2 computers, 2 kayaks, 1 masters degree, multiple backpacks, and way too many books. i live in the most beautiful eugene, oregon. i'm currently disabled due to treatment resistant severe depression. i've been blogging since election day of 2000. i'm born and raised in the mountains of southwestern virginia. i could join the daughters of the american revolution, i don't think they'd like me cause i hear they like to throw tea parties instead of rallies and revolutions.

 
links.
lane co. bill of rights defense committee (lcbordc) ~
bill of rights defense committee ~ chel ~ lisa ~ carrie ~ cinnamon

archives.


Thursday, September 4
 
i'm wanting to move this back over to rivervision, where it rightly belongs.. i want a new design, but so far nothing is coming to me. i'm not sure what to do.. i hope something decides on itself soon.

after talking to my closest advisors--- my ma, pa, dr. c -- i decided to spend the 108.00 and register for the lsat. yes, the lsat, as in law school.. this was even after i went over to a bookstore and looked through one of the books and attempted to answer 3 questions, all of which i got miserably wrong. but ma assures me that it will get easier with practice. and she also tells me there are lots of lawyers out there who are not nearly as intelligent as i am. so tommorrow i'll go purchase the book and start studying. taking as many practice tests as i can-- as advised by lawyerman. i'm also going to probably talk to lawyerman about some of the logic thinking they are testing for on the lsat... he's a good man and he and i get along well so i'm hoping he'll be able to give me an hour or so of his time to give me some advice.

i'm sick, again. yes, this lonliness has gotten me no where. i know i'm sick again when i read about the holocaust. i know i'm sick again when the person i need the most is dr. c. dr c. gets it all, she understands my life in ways that i never imagined a dr would. and we get along wonderfully. and i trust her. of the 4 schools i'm looking at for law school one is the u of oregon... and dr. c. is one reason. as a friend said to me, when you've got a serious illness its hard to trust doctors because of the bad news they give to you. well, i've found a dr. i totally click with and i'm reluctant to leave her.

so, the lsat. i'm terrified of taking it. the xanax that i take at night to deal with the anxiety makes me stupid. but i'm reluctant to get rid of it.. so i've a theory.. coffee during the day and xanax at night. i've got to be on my game while i'm studying and on october 4th, the day of the test. so, hopefully tommorrow i'll give it a try. then go pick up the book and head to the library to study.

but i'm lonely and sick. i hate this illness more than anything. it keeps kicking my ass.

on that note, the xanax is kicking in. no matter how hard i fight sleep, because its not my friend, i can't fight the xanax.

posted by brooke at 12:32 AM

Comments: Post a Comment